Thursday, July 25, 2013

Indian. Article in Deccan Herald

A trip across the country

Kannada roadies








Soumya Mandakki, a part-time model, who has been chosen to be part of the reality show, says that she is excited and confident. “It’s the first time that I am taking part in a reality show. I am bracing myself for it both physically and mentally. I am also exercising to improve my strength,” she explains. “This means that I will have to stay away from my parents,” she adds.

Talking about the auditions, she adds that she was a bit nervous. “It’s a great opportunity and platform. I want people in the State to know me and this is a good way to ensure that. Everyone doesn’t get such an opportunity,” she says.

For Pradip GK, another contestant, being selected came as a surprise. “I just went for the auditions and was quite surprised to have been chosen. I really didn’t think I would be. I’m packing my bags and getting ready to leave,” says the vegetable vendor from HD Kote.

The participants are from various regions of Karnataka. The team will travel to a new state every alternate Monday and will explore the region through various native activities that will reflect the cultural diversity of the state. The participants also have to perform tasks, which have been tailor-made to suit a particular city. The show will begin in Ladakh and end in Kanyakumari over a period of 14 weeks and 98 episodes. The contestants will be made to stay for 10 days in each state, where they will have to adapt to its culture.

The best performer will win immunity, which will ensure that the participant is given an advantage on the elimination day, while the weak performers for each task are voted out. Ravish Kumar, executive vice-president, Viacom 18 and business head-regional channels ETV Kannada, says, “After Bigg Boss took Karnataka by storm, we needed another format that would keep viewers hooked. Fourteen people camping in one Bigg Boss house generated so much valuable content — so, when 14 contestants camp for 14 weeks across India, we hope that it will be just as compelling and intriguing.”

Parameshwar Gundhkal, programming head ETV, adds, “‘Indian’ is a show that is an exhilarating combination of travel and adventure that would appeal to all age groups. The show will be shot across the length and breadth of India, touching seven states that include Jammu and Kashmir, Gujarat, Rajasthan, Punjab, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu and Kerala.”

Press ctrl+d on your keyboard to bookmark this Blog for easy access.
Click on HOME button to Check new posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment